Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Nothing Can Keep Us From The Love Of God"

Ben!!  Hope your birthday was awesome.  A member gave Elder Payne and I some ice cream and root beer, so we had root beer floats all week in anticipation of your birthday.  We have a big rocking chair in our apartment, so I felt like I was in Heaven eating ice cream, rocking on my rocking chair, rocking out to Mormon Tabernacle Choir, celebrating your birthday. :) A fun fact: The next time your age will match the # of letters in your name, you'll be on your mission! (Ben-13, Benjamin-18) & nice job on a good season.  I bet that feels good to be finished with football until next year.  

Thank you so much for the package!  I got it today.  The jacket is perfect.  Everyone in the district is really jealous I have such an amazing mom. 

& Blake!  I'm not surprised, only amazed at how awesome you are doing in debate.  Your skills - speaking with others, testifying what you know to be true, and are going to help a lot on the mission.  And your success in basketball!  A sophomore with the most rebounds in a varsity game.  I told Elder Carroll about you and he thinks you are a "stud." :)

Good job to Braxton too!  That's awesome you had the highest scores out of everyone in pass & kick. You definitely won in my book.  (and I only read true books like The Bible, Book of Mormon, and books from the Mission Library.)

Brooks, I hope you start feeling better soon!  Strep throat is no fun, but I know you'll get better if you keep eating your vegetables.

That's neat that the primary program was this Sunday.  In our ward, the bishopric rearranged the priest quorum as well.  I loved what you wrote, Dad, about the humbling responsibility you have as a Bishop.  I'm glad you are feeling better too after the ER.

Because we've had a busy P-day, I only have a couple minutes; but I'll share what I can in the short time I have. (a deep parallel to missionary work lies in the previous sentence)

One man we are teaching is recovering from a life of a lot of bad choices.  He's trying to get his family back and making corrections through the Atonement.  A verse Elder Payne and I shared with him was in 2 Nephi 31:20-21.  This was my last companion, Elder Richard's, favorite verse.

It says:

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eeternal life.

 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the away; and there is bnone other way nor cname given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the ddoctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of theeFather, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is fone God, without end. Amen."
We testified to him that he is doing what he needs to do: Trying to do what's right. It will take time for him, but his eventual goal is to baptize his son, Kaleo.  It's evident that he loves his family.  Because God is his Father, we testified to him that God loves him to.  We are the family of God.  

I know that "this IS the way."  As we go through trials (Brooks strep throat, dad going to the ER, and even events as broad as the tsunami in the Phillippines), I know that there is a purpose.  God loves us.  As we follow Him, we can have the confirmation that we are walking in "the way" to peace and happiness.  Because of that knowledge we can have joy even now, today.  

I know that Christ's Gospel has been restored on the Earth.  "Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ" and He who IS The Way will lead you with a "perfect brightness of hope."

I am so grateful for the blessing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I know He lives.

I love you all!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment