Sunday, February 2, 2014

Elder Young the Younger -1-27-2014









Hola! 
Nice job Blake!!  That's awesome.  The picture wasn't big enough to see all of the words, but I saw the headlines and knew it had to be about Blake. Good to hear Mr. & Mrs. Price went with you guys to his game!  Let them know I say hi.  Hope Brett, Will, and Ashley are doing well too.
My missionary companion and most of my MTC district got their visas, so there's a chance that in a transfer or two Elder Phipps and my visa will come.  Elder Phipps and I, being the same age, with the same mission call, reassignment, from the same MTC district, hope that we get our visas the same day.  Except it would be very hard to both leave the area at the same time because of all the work still left to do. 
Thanks Braxton, Brooks, Ben, and Blake for the emails!  The purple pandas. :D I love that.  Good luck in basketball Braxton & Brooks.  I miss coaching you guys.  Good job in your game!  That would be cool to watch studio C, we hear a lot of people quote it. :)  We'll have to have a big Studio C marathon in two years with Bryce before Blake leaves on his mission.  If life were cereal, it would taste like muffin tops.  It's good to hear you are doing well too, Ben!  I bet it was weird to go to school on Saturday.
This week Keith was baptized!  The night before the baptism, we met with him and he told us that he actually didn't want to be baptized.  Then the next morning, he called us and let us know he desired to be baptized.  It was a lot more complicated than that, but I can just say I am so grateful for the Atonement.  I know it changes hearts and brings forgiveness and peace.  I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real.
This is a scripture that describes Keith to me:

"11 And [Keith] was astrong and mighty man; [coming to a] perfect bunderstandingyea, man that did not delight in bloodshed; man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery;

 12 Yea, man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; man who did labor exceedingly for the awelfare and safety of his people.
 13 Yea, and he was man who was firm in the faith of Christ, and he had asworn with an oath to defend his people, his rights, and his country, and his religion, even to the loss of his blood.
17 Yea, verily, verily say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto [Keith]tbehold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the bdevil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."
Sometime I'll have to have you guys meet Keith and all of the amazing people Elder Phipps and I meet. 
Have a good week!

Elder Young
p.s.  I meant to tell you about a neat experience we had last week.  One night there were 2 places that Elder Phipps and I needed to be, so we said a prayer to know where to go.  After waiting for a bit, we both looked at each other and said "hey you remember that Uhaul truck we drove by?  I have a feeling we need to stop and talk to someone there."  So we did.  There was a lady standing by the Uhaul truck, so we asked her if she needed help moving.  We were persistent to ask her if she needed help, but she declined.  Then we asked her if we could have a prayer with her. She said "Yes please."  We had a prayer and she started crying.  The Spirit was so strong.  It turned out she was going through a lot, being mistreated by her boyfriend, and stressed out because they were moving.  I'm sure there were other things bothering her, but those were a couple she mentioned.  It's amazing what a prayer can do.  I'm grateful for the strength God gives us every moment to be His hands throughout the day.  We were then able to make the other visits that night, and all worked out.
A final scripture:"And we know that all things work together for agood to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
-Romans 8:28
Keith, Sister Brough, The  Hills, Elder Phipps and Elder Young 

No comments:

Post a Comment