Sunday, April 13, 2014

Amo Conferencia


Familia!

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed conference.  There was a family sitting in front of me all playing conference bingo with skittles & it made me laugh.  Glad you had a good first week home from spring break!  Visiting so many families on the mission makes me realize how blessed I was to participate in so many activities growing up, especially with a family of 8.  Good luck in basketball & baseball - "change in the car & eat at Sonic days" flew by so quick. :)

Good luck too on benchmark!  Just use D&C 9:8-9 and you should be good.

Beverly Glen is fantastic.  The temple is literally down the road.  A perfect segway when talking with people on the street.  Elder Jacobs & I are basically the same person. :) In high school he played linebacker, 2nd base, basketball, sang in choir, & held the same positions in student council.  Last year he did two semesters at BYU.  It's been a lot of fun already & it's only been a week.  He leaves for Brazil on the 29th - his visa just arrived!  He's going to Londrina (Southern Brazil).

A few years ago there was only one family in ward boundaries that wasn't a member.  There are more than a few now, but most of our work here is in re-activation and finding people to teach working with members.  It's awesome to see a whole family take in friends & show them how the Gospel has blessed their life.

Favorite talk?...Bishop Stevenson about how life is a 4 minute race.  That was such a cool analogy.  For behold, this alife is the time for men to bprepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of cthis life is the day for men to perform their dlabors.

Elder Bednar's was also insightful - I have always seen trials as something that makes us stronger, as does resistance in weight training, but I never thought about how resistance helps us move forward as well.  

Elder Holland's of course, was great.  It gave missionaries we watched conference with to share rejection stories. Just like resistance strengthens us, rejection can change testimony into conversion if we let it.  I know with all my heart the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored.

The thing that hit me most though (other than mashed potatoes), was the music.  That arrangement of I Stand All Amazed.  Dad I knew you'd know. :) 

President Packer's testimony of the Savior was powerful.  Almost as if he has seen Christ.  I hope to gain (or John Bytheway - "grow") a testimony of that stature.   

Hymn #217,

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment