Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy April Fools Day

Familia!

I love the pictures from Florida.  It made me laugh that you still remember putting power bars in my shoes to ride the Hulk. You must be tall Brooks! :D & Braxton, you look like you have grown a lot too.

Awesome to hear about the testimonies yesterday in sacrament meeting.  Blake you have a super strong testimony of the Savior.  

Ben, that's awesome you are working on a song on the piano.  What song is it?  You'll have to send a recording when you finish!

Transfer doctrine came in Saturday & I am going to a place that starts with the letter B. (drum roll!)  Beverly Glen. :)  My new companion, Elder Jacobs, speaks Portuguese as well & the Las Vegas temple is in the ward boundaries!  I remember driving through that area often when we'd stop to visit the temple in Las Vegas when I was little.

I will miss this ward a lot.  This week we had a lesson with a boy named Iza'ya who is 15.  It was really cool because we were able to relate a lot.  He recently was in a car accident and broke his femur.  He is going through physical therapy right now.  We are teaching him the Gospel as he recovers.  I know that there is a reason I was able to teach him.  I learn a lot from him too.  He never stops smiling.

The biggest thing I have learned is the power that lies in small things:

Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about hisgreat and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord doth cconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
The things I'll miss the most are the small things:

-singing instead of knocking

-morning sports kinacke

-pb&j's

-Neal A Maxwell quote conversations

-watching the District on baptism days

-Corcran's & Sanders dogs

-Elder Phipps' push-up/candy lesson

-Brazilian lunch with Sister Tippetts

-tae kwan do at Craig's

-dinner waffles at the Watkins

-"Amigos!" "Como esta!?" 

-PEC mission stories


Just a couple.  I'm excited though to go to the Beverly Hills ward and make memories.  

Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.
--Thomas S Monson

Love you all.  Enjoy conference!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment