Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Blake!


Aloha,

It's always fun to hear from you each week.  Young family emails never get old.  Thanks for the videos Bryce.  Especially the one where you all shared what you love about Mom.  I agree in a heartbeat with all said.  

Happy Birthday Blake!  Hope you had a sweet 17th on the 19th.  Ben you'll have to post the penguin happy birthday song on his wall for me. Congrats too at the "tri-state area" meet.  Throwing in the junior olympics?  That's awesome.  By 2016 maybe you'll be in the Brazil Olympics.  Then you can just go from there to your mission and I'll hand off the baton.  I'm looking forward to watching the shot put and Kronk impersonation videos next week.

That makes me happy you did Thank a Brother in family home evening.  The moments I remember most are those we spent together on Monday (or rather Sunday) nights.  I love that Bryce taught family home evening.  That was probably a break from training at zone conference. :)

This week was great.  Elder Gwilliam is awesome.  He is such a good teacher.  I have learned a lot from him already.  

The night he arrived we visited the Dutsons.  We were trying to inspire them to share the Gospel with their neighbors.  Then two salesmen knocked on their door.  They already knew them personally, so they invited them in & just said "Hey would you be willing to hear a brief message about Christ from some missionaries?"  They came in and we shared the Restoration with them.  It turns out Charles' wife had already started reading the Book of Mormon and he noticed a change in her.  Charles' companion, Brody, was our age, and we shared a lot of similar experiences from high school.  Brody has a lot of good strong Christian friends as I.  It was neat to relate with him about the power of good friendships.  They decided to be baptized on June 14th.  Elder Yockey and Casagranda are now teaching them.  Miracles like that have been happening every day.  I know that God's hand is in this work.  I can feel Him with us all the time guiding us.

"And whoso receiveth you, there will be also, for will go before your face. will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit   shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

~Doctrine & Covenants 84:88


I love you all.  Blake have a good birthday week!

Elder Young

p.s. O~ O~ O~

No comments:

Post a Comment