Friday, June 20, 2014

Another wonderful week!

Hello all,

I love hearing how life is going in Arkansas, Utah, Ohio, and Branson.  This week was awesome.  It was just like most other weeks, but Beverly Glen is a great area.  And it's fun serving with Elder Gwilliam.  

That's awesome you guys got to go to the Branson ward!  They sing like angels.  I'm very grateful I did choir/piano - you definitely can use music a lot on your mission.  One investigator we're teaching, takes piano lessons from us and then we share a lesson.  Music brings the Spirit more powerfully than anything I know.  

There are so many neat experiences we've had the past couple weeks - I wish I could describe them with words.  Kind of like when we pray, but don't really have the words to say:

26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
-Romans 8
Some of the most touching mission experiences are when I get to interview people before baptism.  As a way to help them know they are ready.  Last week I got to interview a boy who is 9.  He is such a good kid.  He told me about how the day before, his mom left him & his sister for good.  He started to cry and said, "But that's okay, I know my Dad in Heaven loves me.  I reassured him that He does & said "How do you know He loves you?"  He said "Every time I pray He gives me a big warm hug.  And when I read The Book of Mormon."

And now, he imparteth his word by angels unto men, yea, not only men but women also. Now this is not all; little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned.'

Alma 32:23

Amo voces,

Have a good week!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment