Sunday, July 27, 2014

2 Nephi 2:25

Aloha todo,

It's good to hear from you.  Have fun at Youth Conference Blake & Ben!  Thanks Bryce for your emails.  It's nearly the same as getting an email from Neal A. Maxwell - every sentence is packed with meaning.  It's inspiring too hearing from other missionaries out serving.  

 I'm glad Ben is doing well in football.  Two-a-days taught me more than I then realized.  It will set a foundation for good work ethic throughout your life.  Enjoy the season.  Tell the Coach Crockett and the staff hi for me!  

It's crazy how fast July has flown by.  I think time goes by exponentially faster as you get older. 1/19<1/18.  This week was awesome.  A lot of trying things happened to those we are teaching, but they turned the challenges into catalysts for growth.  Corey Barlow came to church even when his grand-daughter passed away in a car accident a couple days before. As we waited for sacrament to start, we played "Where Can I Turn For Peace" for prelude on the piano. I could feel how much Heavenly Father cares for him. I know God "mourns with [us] when [we] mourn." Corey said "There are a million places I could be right now, but I knew I needed to come to God's house for some peace."

I have grown to love Sundays more and more.  It's like we get our batteries recharched each week when we partake of the sacrament.    

This week's scripture: 3 Nephi 17:17-20

17 And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvelous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak; and noone can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard him pray for us unto the Father.
 18 And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of praying unto the Father, he arose; but so great was the joy of themultitude that they were overcome.
 19 And it came to pass that Jesus spake unto them, and bade them arise.
 20 And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
I've learned that there is deep joy in honest work.  Jesus Christ loves us so much.  So much we can't even "conceive so great and marvelous" the things He and Heavenly Father have prepared for us.

Love you all!

Elder Young


 

No comments:

Post a Comment