Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's fun to be back in the North!

Hello all,

That's exciting the family is coming down to Arkansas for a reunion.  Say hi for me!  Yesterday at dinner a member told us that Arkansas is the only state mentioned in the Bible because Noah looked out the ark and saw water. 

That made me happy to hear about sacrament meeting.  I loved the Camp Orr pictures too!  Twin falls is still cold. :)  Way to go Ben, getting close to your Eagle!  All the young men in our stake just finished a 500 mile bikeride from Salt Lake!  They all came to church with bicycle helmet tans.  That's fun you got to go camping.  I still remember yelling "Zebra" when the wind blew the wrong way.  

This week was great.  Elder Puga is amazing.  It's a lot of fun to be back in North.  I feel like I've come home.  Every day is very fulfilling because there are so many people to talk to here. 

Last night, we taught a Hindu family who God is and how to talk with Him.  They were kind of fighting when we got there, but we pulled up LDS.org and sang "I Need Thee Every Hour" with accompaniment, and The Spirit poured into the room.  Nothing can really replace a prayer and a song.

This quote from Elder Holland's daughter has kind of been my theme recently:
In a prayer she said:

“I don’t want You to be my servant anymore. I just want to be Yours.”

In the same talk Elder Holland said:

"There is no guarantee of convenience written into our Christian covenant. We must work hard and do right, as Abraham Lincoln said, and sometimes our chance will come. And when we’ve tried, really tried, and waited for what seemed never to be ours, then “the angels [come] and [minister] unto [us]."

That understanding combined with 

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

makes for a happy life.

Love you!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment