Sunday, August 10, 2014

Miracles In The Mission Field

Hello family!

Thank you so much for fasting and praying for all those people.  We have already seen so many miracles.  That's awesome Brooks you are learning all of the recorded songs on the piano!  Linus & Lucy I think is my favorite.  That made me laugh to hear that about Teresa being like Mom.  She is one of the only other people that provides breakfast, brunch, lunch, dunch, dinner, and supper.  

I still remember that toddler Nephite adventure that Blake was talking about, haha. I think we used The Liahona to guide us to the treasure.  Sounds like I hadn't yet had my 1 Nephi 2:16 experience yet :D and was still a Lemuel.

This week we saw a lot of miracles. My family said they have been praying for those we are teaching by name. We have seen those prayers answered. I am excited for the new missionaries coming into the zone. It will be hard to see Elder Puga go; I have learned so much from him. It will be good to learn from Elder Tongi. 

Thank you for your responses to my letters. I'm excited to have another companion that speaks another language (Elder Tongi is from Tonga!). It's very helpful for us both to devote time studying the language. So far my companions have spoken German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Tongan! I've learned so much from each. Including how to converse a little in each language. My goal by the end of my mission is to be quadra-lingual! Kidding, although that may be possible.

One miracle that happened last night happened when we were walking down the street. When I served in Mountain Shadows ward, we taught someone named Rainbow. She was very interested, but her roommates were Anti-Mormon and it made it hard to create an environment where the Spirit could be present. We prayed and fasted that we could teach her in a better environment. Now, 6 months later those prayers were answered! Just before heading back to our apartment, we saw Rainbow bringing in groceries! She had moved out to the apartment in Mountain Shadows into our ward in Laurel Canyon. We'll start teaching her again tomorrow.

Love you guys!

I wish I had more time to respond to emails; if I get a chance later today I will.

Elder Young

p.s.  Weekly scripture:

1 Nephi 17:13And will also be your light in the wilderness; and willprepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep mycommandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep mycommandments ye shall be led towards the promised landand yeshall know that it is by me that ye are led.

No comments:

Post a Comment