Saturday, August 2, 2014

News from Elder Young

Oi!

I love hearing how you all are doing each week.  When I press Login, it's like a volcano of happiness erupts in my direction.  It was fun getting Elder Lawson's email this week.  It must be crazy out there in Botswana.  Anytime I think it is hot, I just think of John.  This week has actually been nice weather-wise.  Dry heat makes the wind-chill at least 10 degrees cooler.

That's exciting that Blake's going to Indiana for the weekend.  I still remember going there by myself last year.  And that you are working on the Eagle.  You'll have to send some pictures from your project.  Good luck Brooks & Braxton at Nationals!  Enjoy the temple, Ben.  Tell Sra. Barron hi for me too!

This week went well. Our focus has been in finding and we saw a couple miracles. Elder Puga is very good at asking inspired questions and including everyone in lessons. On Saturday we had a lesson with Jenifer, who will be baptized on the 16th, and Elder Puga started asking about her family. She responded and said, "Wait, a minute, I'll be back." She came back in about 5 minutes with the rest of her family. She wanted them to hear the message as well. Now we're teaching the entire family! It turns out her sister is an inactive member who wants to start going to church again. A couple similar finding miracles happened in our area this week.

I also learned a lot on exchanges with an assistant Elder Sharp. His name says it all.He teaches as the Savior does and has been a good example to me throughout my mission.  He's actually from Santo Domingo!  Where Dad & I went with the Padres on a mission trip.  He's super good at Betia.
 
These past ten months, I have learned so much.  I never knew there was so much to learn.  I'm excited to see how much Bryce's mission changed him; it's definitely changed me.

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength,then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sinsthat ye become holywithout spot.
I know that all things are possible through Jesus Christ.  Before the mission I never quite understood the depth of that promise.  If we want to be happy, the only way is to rely on him.  Daily family and personal scripture study, prayer, and partaking of the sacrament are essential.  Church, Prayer, and Reading give us life in Christ.

Amo voces muito,

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment