Saturday, October 11, 2014

It is Amazing here




What a week!

It´s good to hear you all are doing well.  Thanks for the many emails, pictures, and videos  Voces sao os caras (don´t know that phrase works in plural :)  It makes me happy that Brother Knauls called as well.  There are so many people I miss in Las Vegas.  Hope you all are doing well!

There aren´t really any adequate English words to describe Brazil.  It´s amazing here.  The people are very open and loving.  Everyone you talk to believes in God and accepts you as a servant of Him.  It is a big contrast, but I love both sides of my mission experience.  It was perfect to arrive in the area the day of conference.  My notebook is full of notes that I feel God wrote for me.  They will be a big blessing to have this year.  

Elder Bocchia, my companion, e muito bom.  He has been on his mission for 19 months and is very wise.  He´s helping me a lot with Portuguese.  It´s been fun after being responsible for a lot of things to be in the back seat now for a bit as I get used to everything here.  It is a good feeling to come home exhausted but knowing you did something good in the world. The reason it is cooler here than in Las Vegas is because I´m in the coolest area of the mission!  In both ways.  The name of my stake is Sobral.  I´m serving in the Junco ward.  

The first morning I arrived I laughed because the exact same rooster that Bryce used to talk about migrated to my window. :D  Also last night I think we visited the lady that loves the color green.  I couldn´t help but wonder if Bryce painted her fridge.    

Overall, all is well.  It is a humbling and happy experience to be in another country.  I have felt God´s love here and now more than I´ve ever felt in my life.  I know though, that it does´t matter where we are, He loves us and is aware of us.  

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able toseparate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.     . 

He lives.  Love you all!

Elder Young

p.s.  the pictures  - the Americans in our zone - watched conference in english!  Except for one talk in Portuguese
the power went out 2 times during conference. :)  we found our it was because of this frog

No comments:

Post a Comment