Sunday, December 7, 2014

Staying here with Elder Boccia for this transfer


Querido familia,

Hope Thanksgiving was delicious!  Congrats Blake in your games.  I´m glad your back is starting to feel better.  Congrats too ben in all of your classes!  Holey moley you are taking some intense courses and still managing to get top grades.  What´s most deserving of congrats though is the stories I hear about keeping the sabbath day holy.  Testifying of the atonement (& quantum physics haha) to your friends and the twins always being good to mom.  & Bryce getting married in 3 weeks.  It still doesn´t seem real everyone is growing up so fast. :)

This week was the last week of the transfer!  I´ll be staying with Elder Boccia as my companion and still will be living here with Elder Christie and his new companion, Elder Cruz.  It has been fun the past couple weeks organizing activiteis in the church.  Elder Christie and I teach an eElglish class on Mondays and a piano class on Tuesdays.  Then Wednesday through Friday Elder Boccia and I teach Portuguese to a family not members in the afternoon.  I´m beginning to understand why President Packer expresses so often the importance and joy of teaching.  It is a neat experience to see a big change in others as an instrument in the hands of God.  I know we really are in the hands of God.  "All things have been done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all things." (Alma)  Being in hthe hands of God means we are to be malleable.  O)ften it is only in extreme heat (sometimes literally :) that we can be molderd exactly as He´s designed.  

“I am like a huge, rough stone … and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force. … Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty” (Teachings of the ProphetJoseph Smith

All is well.  It´s been awesome to work with such good missionaries here.  I feel like I´ve known forever everyohn I´ve met as of yet.  The member here especially - there is a man that´s 68 years old who walks miles with us ion the hot sun to lessons because he loves doing missionary work.  And He loves the Savior.  I have never met a more passionate people than those I´ve come to know here in Brazil.  

Have a good week!  Make sure you put up lots of lights. :)

Love,

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment