Thursday, April 30, 2015

Busy in Brazil




Howdy Braxton & boa tarde familia,

Loved getting the videos from the piano recital.  I´m amazed at how well you guys are playing. That makes me happy Elder Fairbanks mom found out about the birthday party.  When he woke up Elder Sharp had put a big chocolate cake and a bunch of balloons on his desk! I know Mom is happy that it all came from Walmart.     

Thank you for praying for Jose, Milliane, Edson, and Valdeane.  Milliane will be baptized Saturday!  Another miracle happened and Grijalvo will be baptized the same day.  We brought him with us when we went to Teresina Monday to be interviewed by president.  (I´m writing today because we on the way to Teresina Monday for a meeting.)  This week has already flown by getting things ready for zone conference.  

The miracle this week was a simple one:  I prayed to find the key to our apartment on the way out the door, opened my eyes and Elder da Cunha found it right when I said "amen!"  Throughout the week other simple prayers like that were answered so perfectly.  

  30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him thatreceiveth I will give more...
  Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
  And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
2 Nephi 9:20 & Alma 37:6

Love you all; have a good week!

Elder Young


No comments:

Post a Comment