Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It's so nice in Sao Luis!


Alo familia!

I loved getting the pictures from Blakes play and the twins playing basketball.  Everyone just keeps growing and growing, and I already look up to all of you.   This week I only have 5 minutes to write, but it was a very good week.  It has been in the 80s!  It is very nice here in Sao Luis.  All is well.  This week please pray for Jose, Milliane, Edson, and Valdeane, two couples who will be married and after be baptized soon.  Elder Engle is opening an area in Santa Ines here in the zone and it has been a lot of fun helping him out there.  

Also Jared Fairbanks, who is good friends with Aubrey, Jenessa, and Seth Vincent is in my district!  He´s from Columbus, Indiana and said he also knows Emily Haight and Hayden.  pequeno mundo.  He is awesome.  And will be celebrating his birthday this week.  If you get in contact somehow with his mom, tell her we´re going to have a big celebration on the 25th - I´ll be doing an exchange with him on that day (though he doesn´t yet know that)

This morning I was reading in Teachings of Brigham Young and found this quote that I like a lot

What principal object have human beings in view? Happiness. Give me glory, give me power, give me wealth, give me a good name, give me influence with my fellow-men, give me all these, and it does not follow that I am thereby made happy; that depends altogether upon what principle those acquisitions were gained ( DBY, 235).
We are all searching for happiness; we hope for it, we think we live for it, it is our aim in this life. But do we live so as to enjoy the happiness we so much desire? ( DBY,236).
Where is happiness, real happiness? Nowhere but in God. By possessing the spirit of our holy religion, we are happy in the morning, we are happy at noon, we are happy in the evening; for the spirit of love and union is with us, and we rejoice in the spirit because, it is of God, and we rejoice in God, for he is the giver of every good thing. 

Love you all very much.  Rejoice in every good thing. Remember to be happy
Um abraço,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment