Thursday, April 2, 2015

Miracle By the Bakery


Familia!

I can´t say how happy it made me to hear Josh Palmer got called to Teresina!  Josh you´re going to love Brazil.  Thank you also for the emails this week.  It´s hard to describe how much happiness gets added on to my day when I open my inbox.  Dad I loved that story about you when you were first called bishop.  I still remember when I was really little saying I wanted to grow up and be just like you and that´s still true.  

Man so much good news.  Good luck Blake, the olympian!  I´ve been praying for your back.  We included your back in our fast here in Codó. Have fun at Sea World.  Thanks Mom & Bryce for signing me up for classes.  

Like most weeks this one flew by.  I think God really loves the people here in Codó.  Nearly everyone we talk with accepts us into their home and wants to be baptized.  The biggest thing is helping them come to church.  I have gained (or John Bytheway would say grown - "Gain´s a stock market term and laundry detergent") a stong testimony over the course of my mission of the power of the sacrament. It´s been neat to read Dad´s emails about his testimonmy of the sacrament - how it´s also grown serving as bishop.  I´m grateful that we can recharge our batteries every week through the sacrament and renew ourselves every day through repentance.  It´s a gift to know, if Jesus were to come today, that we can stand (or really, kneel) in His presence with confidence.  I llike President Monson´s favorite verse in Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there will be also, for will go before your ace. will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Last Monday night, we had a neat experience. It testified to me that God´s truly with us and answers our prayers.  We were heading home - after a night´s work on p-day and I said to Elder Santos "I think there´s one more family around here that we should visit. But I don´t know where they live."  So we continued to walk.  We passed by a house and I said a prayer asking who God wanted us to visit.  turned back to visit the house.  Elder Santos smiled and laughed thinking I was headed toward the cake shop next door.  We clapped our hands and a man came to the door.  Looking very depressed.  We entered and taught him about the Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  By the end he was smiling. 

He said he had been praying at that moment we were praying to find him for help from God.  He had just divorced his wife and was separated from his two kids.  On top of that he got in a motorcycle accident the week before and broke his leg.  

Because I also have broken myt leg, we connected immediately.  In his prayer at the end of the lesson, we all started to cry, feeling The Spirit of God so strongly.  Ever since that day, we have visited daily - he´s so excited to be baptized.  He and his friend will be baptized Aprill 11th!

Love you all so much.

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment