Thursday, April 16, 2015

Siao Luis

Familia,

That´s exciting Bryce and Terra will move to Arkansas this month!  And that Ben got his patriarchal blessing.  That must´ve been a neat experience.  What is the name of the play Blake will be in?  I fasted, Blakey boy, for your back.  Good luck in track.

I had a good first week in Siao Luis.  It is an island here and we live close to the beach.  Paradise in my Portuguese dictionary says a missionary living on a Brazilian island with a companion who loves to work and help everyone get baptized.  If it were God´s will I´d stay here a couple more years but I know I can~t do that.  Maybe someday I´ll return as a missionary here.  The ward here is very strong and missionary focused.  Testimony meeting yesterday was amazing.  I get near to tears almost every first Sunday of the month.  I wish I could just take the culture here and send it in a package to you guys.  Instead I´ll send a scripture that describes it well

Now  have  we  not  reason  to  rejoice?  Yea,   say  unto  you,  there never  were  men  that  had  so  great  reason  to  rejoice  as  we,  since  the world  began;  yea,  and  my  joy  is carried  away,  even  unto  boasting in  my  God;  for  he  has  all  power  all  wisdom,  and  all understanding;  he  comprehendeth  all  things,  and  he  is   merciful Being,  even  unto  salvation,  to  those  who  will  repent  and  believe on  his  name.

Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every peoplewhatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

-Alma 26.35&37

God loves so much each of His children.  He wants each one to talk with Him through prayer.  and be baptized, so that they can return back to llive with Him.  Only through Jesus Christ can we be saved.  It is our responsibility to share the good news with everyone we know.  This week we found three new famlies that will be baptized soon!  All is well in Siao.

Love you all,

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment