Sunday, June 7, 2015

New mission President



Tudo beleza,

Blake you never cease to amaze.  Parabens meu amigo.  I will vote for you when you run for president. :)  I loved the pictures from Branson; that makes me happy Terra got to see Silver Dollar City.  

This past week was amazing.  We went to Teresina for a meeting with President - it was his last before he will go home.  I could feel he gave his heart to every calling he´s been given.  Each of his (three!) missions, he´s given every moment to God.  The feeling we all felt during that meeting doesn´t have words.  I wish I could just capture that feeling, add a little Brazilian culture and send it in a bottle to you, so that you could experience the joy of a mission.  President Mellow will be our new mission president in a couple weeks.  He will be my fourth mission president!

It seems like every week God teaches me a new principle of the Gospel.  Or, really an eternal principle, that becomes new to me.  This week He taught me about the power of faith.  I know that if we are worthy, and have faith in the power of God, He will grant us a miracle.  Time after time after time I have seen this pattern in my mission.  Be worthy, focused, and have faith that God will perform a miracle.   As we do our part, God works the miracle.  

  If ye  abide  in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask  what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. -John 15:7

Any righteous desire we have, whether it be "I want to be a neurosergeon one day" or "I want to get an A in this class" or "I want to help this person be happy," we can fulfull it with faith.  Our part is to then make plans with God and act on those plans.  All things are possible in Christ.
This week we put this to practice in helping people come to church and God did his part.  No one that we invited came to church, but six members brought friends to church who we are now teaching!  

Have a good week.  Love each of you!

Elder Jovem

No comments:

Post a Comment