Sunday, June 28, 2015

Staying in Siao Luis

Opa família,

Tell Austin & Brooks hi for me!  That was good to get the Picture from Dad - hope they are doing well.  Parabéns também to Blakey boy - I just saw the newspaper article about him.

This week was one of the best of my mission.  We spent 3 days in Santa Inez because it is pretty far away, and interviewed four families to be baptized Saturday!  A family as big as ours was baptized there yesterday.  There are so many miracles happening there.  For now it is a group (soon a branch!), and the missionaries live there in the casapela.  It was very rewarding to serve with Elder Engle for 3 days.  It was amazing to see how much he has changed in 2 years. He has been serving as the group leader there (everyone is a recent convert). I have learned so much from Elder Engle.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ molds us to develop all Christlike attributes.    

We received transfers this morning!  Which is why I´m emailing earlier than normal.  I will stay here in Siao Luis and Elder Avila will live with us here!  My new companion is Elder Lira from Johnville Santa Catarina (Southern Brazil).  Elder Da Cunha will serve with the new president in Teresina.  It will be hard to see him go, it was among the best two transfers of my mission serving here with him in São Luis.


Love each of you,

Elder Young

    

No comments:

Post a Comment